Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Holiday Greetings Carefully (and Quickly!) Packaged!

What do you do with all of those Christmas cards, photos, and other greetings? In the past I have painstakingly included them in my scrapbooks, or stored them in a ziptop bag, because I can't bear to part with them. Today I wanted to figure out a way to quickly display 2012 greetings instead of leaving them stacked in my kitchen!

This project took about 90 minutes, and I love that we have memories of our friends and family in this cute little package!
Supplies: CTMH Pear & Partridge Paper & Dimensional Elements (get these before they retire on 1/31/13!), burlap, white hemp, cocoa ink, and SNEAK PEEK new product Keyboard Kraft Alphabet available on 2/1/13. Also used chipboard, office ring, and slew of photos and cards sent to us this holiday season!

 Super easy steps:
1) Punch hole in corner of cards and photos and slide on ring.
2) Cut two to four pieces of chipboard (I doubled sheets for strength) about 1/2 inch larger than your largest card. (Mine was about 8.5"x6.5")
3) Cover in your favorite papers, punch hole in corner of back and front, and embellish.
 4) Add front and back to ring and then decorate with ribbon, etc.
That's it! A keepsake to remember friends and family in 2012!

Happy Creating!
Carrie

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Awesome idea!

glorygirl said...

Carrie - I LOOOOOVE this idea! I usually stick the cards in a page protector, behind a layout in our Christmas album. This idea is so cool! Thanks for sharing it! - Julie