Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Rare "Girly" Page


I just love to make pages with pretty girl stuff, and with three boys, I don't do it very often! So I saw this pretty paper at my lss and had to have it for my niece's birthday! This was the first layout I've done for awhile and I'm back in scrappy mode. So hopefully I'll find time to create and post more soon. The pp, happy bday & journaling die cuts are from My Mind's Eye. The chipboard pieces are called Dimensional Elements Irresistables NEW from CTMH. They are so cool--when you ink them the color of your choice, it reveals the embossed design on the chipboard. I love these!!! So, that is how I created the border at the top and the cute flower by the journaling box. I used CTMH juniper & hollyhock inks, hollyhock cardstock, colonial white brads, and hollyhock ric rac.
My latest "thing" is to try and make a card with the scraps from my pages right after I finish a layout. One, it saves me time when I need a card (since I almost refuse to buy a card when I have all these great supplies), and two, it saves me from having to save and find a place for all the scraps! Anyway, the card uses My Mind's Eye paper scraps, CTMH Celebration & Happy Birthday stamp sets, and the latest CTMH jewel stickers (a special reward for customers).
One last little bit...I made the cake!

1 comment:

glorygirl said...

Carrie - GREAT idea to make a card right away! Maybe that would help me get over my card making anxiety!