Friday, March 8, 2013

Spreading Spring Fever!

I'm spreading some spring fever today by sharing a few layouts featuring the new spring/summer idea book paper packs Chantilly & For Always!
Love the pretty shades of the Chantilly paper, paradise flowers, and pretty pearls!

Close up of the flowers and bitty pearls! The "Easter" cut is on the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge! So pretty!

Loved using For Always to feature Casey in his suit, along with Cricut Artiste and black glitter paper!


Close up of the tie and medallion cut from Artiste!
I was looking through my scrapbooks the other day and it reminded me of why I love to scrapbook. It also reminded me that my favorite pages include not only the date and event, but the story behind the event. That's why I love this page of my son Casey. In third grade our kids learn about the Titanic and give a great presentation about the Titanic by taking on roles from the ship. Casey had a first class passenger role, and he wanted to be dressed in a suit. Well, we didn't have one, and all of his friends that I could "borrow" from were already using theirs! So, I told him we'd stop at a consignment store to see what we could find. It is a huge store, and I was skeptical (yet hopeful) that we would find anything. We walked into the store and headed back to the boys department. On our way, on one of the end caps, hung a size 8 boys suit for $15. It was a perfect fit! We found a tie, too. It was so special (and I thank God for placing that suit in front of us). I want to remember Casey being so excited about his suit. These photos are from when we got home and he tried it on all together. He looked in the mirror and said, "I look like Pastor Mike!" Priceless!

I hope you find time to record your special memories and stories this week!

Happy Creating!
Carrie

1 comment:

glorygirl said...

These are AMAZING layouts! I love how feminine the first is and how masculine the second is. The story of finding your suit is awesome! God is all over thrift stores, isn't He?